The Correct spelling is: lease
Common misspellings of the word lease are:
How do you spell lease?. It is not
v.tr., leased, leasÂ·ing, leasÂ·es.
- A contract granting use or occupation of property during a specified period in exchange for a specified rent.
- The term or duration of such a contract.
- Property used or occupied under the terms of such a contract.
- To grant use or occupation of under the terms of a contract.
- To get or hold by such a contract.
a new lease on life
- An opportunity to improve one's circumstances or outlook.
[Middle English les, from Anglo-Norman, from lesser, to lease, variant of Old French laissier, to let go, from Latin laxÄre, to loosen, from laxus, loose.]leasable leas'aÂ·ble adj.
leaser leas'er n.